The Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog organization, has released its spring 2017 safety grade list. Eleven Banner Health hospitals have received high grades for patient safety ratings. Three hospitals received an ‘A’ grade (the highest patient safety rating), while eight others received a ‘B’ grade (an above average score). The Banner hospitals that received high marks include:
- Banner Boswell Medical Center – Sun City, Ariz.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Sterling Regional MedCenter – Sterling, Colo.
- Banner Baywood Medical Center – Mesa, Ariz.
- Banner Casa Grande Medical Center – Casa Grande, Ariz.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center – Sun City West, Ariz.
- Banner Payson Medical Center – Payson, Ariz.
- Banner Desert Medical Center – Mesa, Ariz.
- Banner Gateway Medical Center – Gilbert, Ariz.
- North Colorado Medical Center – Greeley, Colo.
- McKee Medical Center – Loveland, Colo.
The Leapfrog Safety Grade uses 30 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to more than 2,600 U.S. hospitals twice per year. It is calculated by top patient safety experts, peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. A full description of the data and methodology used in determining grades is available online at http://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/.
“Hospitals that earn top marks nationally in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, have achieved the highest safety standards in the country,” said Leah Binder, president and CEO of The Leapfrog Group. “That takes commitment from every member of the hospital staff, who all deserve thanks and congratulations when their hospitals achieve an ‘A’ Safety Grade.”
Headquartered in Arizona, Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system owns and operates 28 acute-care hospitals, Banner Health Network, Banner – University Medicine, academic and employed physician groups, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services; including Banner Urgent Care, family clinics, home care and hospice services, pharmacies and a nursing registry. Banner Health is in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.BannerHealth.com.