- 1 quart heavy cream
- 3 pounds bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum, brandy, amaretto or whiskey
- 4 teaspoons pure peppermint oil
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Peppermint candies
- Finely chopped pretzels
- Malted milk balls
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Oreo cookies
- Finely crushed toffee bits
- Finely chopped toasted almonds
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
- Toasted coconut
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Candied ginger
- Powdered sugar mixed with cocoa powder and large pinch kosher salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. In a large bowl, combine the chopped chocolate with the butter and salt. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Let stand until the chocolate and butter are melted, about 5 minutes. Whisk the ganache until smooth and shiny.
- Divide the ganache into 4 bowls. To flavor it, add either the liquor, peppermint oil, espresso or cardamom to each batch. Cover the ganache and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. Using a 1-tablespoon-size ice cream scoop, drop level tablespoons of the ganache onto the baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Spoon the coatings into small bowls. Moisten your hands with ice water and roll the ganache into balls, then roll in the coatings. Package the truffles in decorative bags or boxes.
Salted Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 ounces finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square metal cake pan with foil, draping the foil over the edges. Lightly butter the foil.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Whisking in one at a time add the cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour. Whisk each thoroughly. Pour the mix into the prepared pan and sprinkle the salt evenly over the batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the salt into the batter.
- Bake the fudge brownies in the center of the oven for about 35 minutes, until the edge is set but the center is still a bit soft and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out coated with a little of the batter. Let the brownies cool at room temperature in the pan for 1 hour, then refrigerate just until they are firm, about 1 hour. Lift the brownies from the pan and peel off the foil. Cut the brownies into 16 squares. Serve at room temperature.
Foolproof Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND(R) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- (OPTIONAL: Peppermint candies, crushed, Caramel, Sea saltToffee candies, crushed)
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into wax-paper-lined 8- or 9-inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Life fudge out of pan and place onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Recipe By: EAGLE BRAND®