Nothing smells and tastes more like Christmas dinner than a traditional spiral ham. Enjoy this new take on an old classic.
- 1 spiral-sliced half-ham
- 1 cup fig jam
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven as directed on the ham package and follow the instructions for baking the ham. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before the end of the warming time.
- Meanwhile, combine the jam, mustard and orange zest and juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until the jam melts (do not boil). Spoon half of the glaze over the ham and bake for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and spoon the remaining glaze on top. Transfer to a cutting board and carve.
Recipe originally courtesy of Jamie and Bobby Deen for Food Network Magazine