New unit expected to open on Tuesday, July 25
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. (Jun. 27, 2017) – Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is having a baby shower! Casa Grande residents are invited for a chance to see the hospital’s new Women & Infant Services unit on Saturday, July 22 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1800 E. Florence, Blvd. Once it opens on Tuesday, July 25, the new 27,000 square-foot unit will feature:
- Pregnancy care
- Labor and delivery care
- Mother and baby care
- Dedicated cesarean section suite
- Well baby and Level II Nursery for babies
- Childbirth classes, breast feeding classes, and support groups
- Support by perinatology and neonatology
- Pain management, including epidurals, available during labor 24 hours a day
- Pediatricians who will see newborns within 24 hours of delivery and on day of discharge
Other high-level specialty services provided at Banner Casa Grande’s new Women and Infant Services unit will include:
- Lactation consultants – Professional breastfeeding experts who help mothers feed their baby and educate them about the benefits of breastfeeding
- Level II Perinatal Services for high-risk pregnancies – Certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust, a group dedicated to improving the lives of Arizona’s mothers and babies, this designation allows Banner Casa Grande to provide a much-needed service in the area, focusing on high-risk obstetrical patients and newborns requiring selective continuing care
This community baby shower will give expecting parents the opportunity to meet with the hospital’s local providers and the nursing care team. Participants will learn valuable tips on how to have a healthy pregnancy and will be provided information on breast feeding education. There will also be prizes and giveaways, and light refreshments will be served.
This event is free and open to the public, and participants can choose to be entered into a grand prize drawing by calling (520) 381-6300, ext. 5840.
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is a full-service, community hospital providing comprehensive quality care to the Casa Grande Valley as well as the surrounding communities of western Pinal County. The hospital offers a variety of medical specialties including: cardiology, gastroenterology, gynecology, neurology, oncology, pediatrics, psychiatry and urology. Banner Casa Grande is part of Banner Health, a nonprofit healthcare system with 28 acute-care hospitals in six states. For more information, visit www.BannerHealth.com/casagrande.