The City of Casa Grande has had many recent announcements of new businesses moving to the city. Construction on LKQ is underway. Lucid Motors has secured funding. Attesa, Dreamport Villages and PhoenixMart are still moving forward. Several new home builders have announced new subdivisions and new retailers are breaking ground.
The community quality of life amenities are important to the residents of Casa Grande as a new storefront. The Community Recreation Center is under construction and scheduled to open by the late spring/early summer of 2019. The center will include:
- 2 full size gymnasiums
- 1 large dance studio downstairs
- 1 large multi-purpose room for meetings, events, receptions, etc. (200 person capacity)
- Fitness loft equipped with the latest in free weights, strength, and cardio equipment
- Walking Track overlooking the gyms
- Upstairs group fitness studio
- Two classrooms available for meetings and special interest classes
In addition, the Boys and Girls Club will have dedicated space to host summer and after school programming for children as well as space for administration. The facility will also include a large teen center and offer free programming and space to socialize and hang out with friends in a safe and supervised environment.
An overview of the anticipated programming includes:
- A wide range of group fitness classes open to members and drop in guests including cycle, boot camp, Pilates, kickboxing, power, Zumba, step, dance and other cardio/strength related offerings scheduled at various times to fit the differing schedules of the public
- An entire series of fitness classes designed specifically for seniors such as Silver Sneakers and Silver & Fit
- Youth classes for beginning strength training, general fitness, dance, and gymnastics
- Events such as movie night, father/daughter dances, and other family-oriented offerings at special times
- Indoor pickleball classes and open play
- Adult and youth basketball and volleyball leagues, camps, and classes
- Special interest classes including non-fitness related offerings such as creative writing, arts & crafts, and other educational programs generated by interest from the public
Rates and Memberships
The Community Services Department is currently collecting interest lists for memberships, special interest class instructors, and fitness instructors.
- The lobby and teen center will be open and free to the general public
- Day and monthly passes for individuals, couples, and families (3, 6, and 12-month memberships)
- Senior passes and memberships for individual or couples
- Premium memberships for those seeking to utilize Boys and Girls Club after-school programming as well access to full facility offerings
- Group/Corporate passes and memberships
- Room rentals for any size group or event up to 200 persons
- Gym rental for team practices
- Full facility rental
Please contact the Community Services Department at (520) 421-8677 for more information on potential programming in the Recreation Center.