by Helen Neuharth, President/CEO, Greater Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce
Do you know your neighbors? Do you know what is happening in our community? Let’s talk to one another more often, don’t always depend on social media. I recall the television ad relating a dating scenario: The message from the ad was “just because something is stated on the Internet – it isn’t necessarily true!”
Do your homework and learn more about the current and past history of Casa Grande and Pinal County. Stop by the chamber office Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and pick up a current street map of Casa Grande and a tourism map of Pinal County.
Explore Casa Grande and Pinal County this summer! To learn more about City government, you can attend City Council meetings (the first and third Monday each month); find out how to serve on one of the City’s boards or commissions; read local publications; talk to your friends and neighbors; attend your homeowners board meetings or join your Neighborhood Watch (if applicable to your surroundings). Visit the Chamber’s website regularly at casagrandechamber.org.
Here are some very good reasons to live, work and raise your family in Casa Grande. Share the positive with others:
- Quality Education – Central Arizona College, Casa Grande Elementary School District, Casa Grande Union High School District as well as private and charter school options.
- Quality Health Care – Oncology, dialysis, heart and other medical specialists; the home of Banner Casa Grande Medical Center, Sun Life Family Health Centers and a number of excellent clinics.
- Housing – a wide selection of new or pre-owned homes; gated communities; apartment complexes and neighborhood amenities.
- Shopping – explore the many stores in historic downtown, at The Promenade, along Florence Boulevard, Pinal Avenue and Cottonwood Lane; to name a few locations. Shopping locally ensures your tax dollars remain in Casa Grande to support public safety (police and fire), maintain our streets and infrastructure.
- Community partnerships and volunteerism – there are many businesses and organizations that work together on various projects and events that have a positive impact on all citizens. Volunteerism is the glue that holds much of our community together.
- Location, location, location – ideally located at the intersection of I-8 and I-10;
Greater Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce is an active and progressive business-centered organization; the largest business organization in Western Pinal County and a valuable resource for residents, visitors and business. If you have questions or would like to know more about Casa Grande, Pinal County or ways to volunteer please contact me at email@example.com, call (520-836-2125) or stop by the Chamber at 575 N. Marshall St., Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If we don’t have the information you seek, we will happily refer you to the correct resource. Check out the Chamber’s website: casagrandechamber.org