by Annalisa Tapia
St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) provides the community with food boxes, lunches for the homeless, hygiene packs, household vouchers based on the need, clothing vouchers to use in the store, diapers for adults and infants, infant formula, blankets and water.
Some of the services SVDP provides:
- SVDP is a designated hydration station. Anyone can stop in during office hours and receive a bottle of water.
- Food boxes are available Monday – Friday from 9:00AM – 1:00PM. The client is eligible to receive one every 90 days. Possible delivery of food boxes in certain situations (call the office for details). Senior delivery is scheduled for once a month.
- Daily discounts on items in the Thrift Store – Store hours are Mon – Sat from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The store has a variety of items including diapers, clothing, blankets, furniture, household items and non-narcotic prescriptions. Sales vary by day.
Some of the projects SVDP is involved in:
- Back to School Program – This program allows the parent to sign up their child to receive a $40 voucher per child to shop at Ross. The event takes place in July. They are currently accepting donations.
- Homeless Coalition – This program allows SVDP to work with other organizations to learn about each other’s resources. SVDP staff is able to refer a client to another organization if SVDP is not able to assist them.
- National Community Health Partners (NCHP) – Housing for Heroes Project – SVDP assists Veterans with food and furniture when NCHP finds them permanent housing.
- Seeds of Hope – Hot Lunch Program – SVDP works with St. Anthony of Padua Parish to help provide food for the hot lunch program at Seeds of Hope.
- Victory Outreach Men’s Home – SVDP assists with food and clothing.
- Utility Assistance Program – When the funds are available, SVDP will assist a client in paying their water bill with Arizona Water Company.
You ask what you can do to help?
- Shop in the Store – The proceeds from store sales keeps their pantry running. Their prices are low and they have different product sales throughout the week. Saturday is always 50% off all items.
- They need donated food and hygiene products on a daily basis.
- Tax-deductible monetary donations.
You can receive a tax credit for your donation! Under Arizona law (A.R.S. § 43-1088(G)(2), AAFB is recognized as a Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO), QCO code 2057. You may be eligible to receive a FULL TAX CREDIT, up to $400 (filing as a single unmarried head of household) or $800 (married filing joint return) for donating to AAFB. See www.azdor.gov for more details, or call 602-255-3381 or 1-800-843-7196 from area codes 520 or 928. Consult your tax preparer or financial adviser for specific advice regarding your donation.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
Sylvia Cassity, Conference Administrator
405 E 2nd St,
Casa Grande, AZ 85122