A sweet and healthy addition to your summer barbecue
Strawberry, quinoa, spinach & cashew salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
What could taste more like summer than strawberries? This sweet and healthy fruit makes a vibrant addition to more than just desserts. Add it to your summer salad for a punch of flavor and color. Pair with homemade honey balsamic dressing and nutritious quinoa and this summer salad is sure to be a favorite among guests – even those who are vegetarian, grain free, gluten free or dairy free!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- one package (10 oz) fresh spinach, chopped (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup peaches, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews
In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the cashew nuts. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Sprinkle cashew nuts on top of the salad.